Captains! Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailableFrom:Tue. 22 Dec. 06:00 CET (UTC+1)
Until:Tue. 22 Dec. 09:00 CET (UTC+1)
Update size: 1.7 GB
As soon as the server is updated and maintenance is complete, you'll be able to immediately play the new version of World of Warships.
The New Year preparations are in full swing! We've prepared a lot of gifts and New Year activities for you: two New Year's campaigns, the Dockyard, battle performance bonuses, New Year's gifts, New Year's horns, and much more!
NEW YEAR IN WORLD OF WARSHIPS
New Year's gifts
- Head to the Armory to receive a free Santa's Gift container on the main page.
- Collect a second Santa's Gift container by opening the in-game Premium Shop.
- Another Santa's Gift container will be awaiting you on a special New Year's website.
The Armory and Premium Shop are also offering bundles with three types of Santa's Gift containers. Within them, you'll find doubloons, days of Premium Account, Coal, Free XP, expendable camouflages, signals, or even one of 107 Premium ships.
The Armory is offering free random bundles—New Year Supplies. Within them, you'll find Santa's Gift and Santa's Big Gift containers, as well as other valuable rewards.
The bundles will be availableFrom:Tue. 22 Dec. 07:00 CET (UTC+1)
Until:Mon. 11 Jan. 07:00 CET (UTC+1)
You can obtain only one bundle per day. A total of 12 bundles will be available, so you can skip 8 days and still be able to collect all the rewards.
In Update 0.9.12, players will be able to start building a new Japanese battleship, IX Hizen. The ship is a variant of a super battleship project that preceded the development of the Yamato-class ships. She's armed with twelve 410 mm guns placed in four turrets. Having such an atypical number of guns for a high-tier Japanese battleship allows her to deal impressive damage per salvo.
Rules of the Dockyard
- The construction process at the Dockyard comprises 26 phases.
- These shipbuilding phases can be completed by progressing through the Dockyard combat missions, or by spending 1,950 doubloons to pass through each phase.
- If you want to complete shipbuilding phases at a discount, you can purchase Starter Packs: 10 shipbuilding phases in exchange for 9,950 doubloons, or 4 shipbuilding phases in exchange for 5,000 doubloons.
- The combat missions of the Dockyard will span two updates—0.9.12 and 0.10.0. Players will be able to complete shipbuilding phases in exchange for doubloons until the end of Update 0.10.1.
- In total, you can pass through 22 out of 26 shipbuilding phases by progressing through Dockyard combat missions.
- Completing the 5th and 15th shipbuilding phases will reward you with II Tachibana and V Yahagi in the Winter permanent camouflages, Commanders with 6 skill points, and Port slots.
- Completing the last four phases will reward you with 10,000 Coal; one Santa's Mega Gift container; 2,000 Steel; and IX Hizen in the War Paint camouflage with a Port slot, a Commander with 10 skill points, and a commemorative flag.
- Completing the other phases will bring you Santa's Gift and Santa's Big Gift containers, the New Year permanent camouflage for Tier IX ships, new Winter Strands expendable camouflages, and other valuable items.
If you already have II Tachibana in your Port, then upon obtaining her again, you'll receive compensation in the form of 1,425,000 credits; a Port slot; the Winter permanent camouflage for Tachibana; and a Commander with 6 skill points.
If you already have V Yahagi in your Port, then upon obtaining her again, you'll receive compensation in the form of 4,000 doubloons; a Port slot; the Winter permanent camouflage for Yahagi; and a Commander with 6 skill points.
If you complete the construction of IX Hizen by spending doubloons, make sure to keep progressing through the Dockyard combat missions—completing each phase will bring you 400 Research Points and 200 Steel.
The Port of Kure will be added to the game. The designs for the Port and Dockyard were inspired by Kure harbor in Japan.
In Update 0.9.12, ships of Tier V and above will feature New Year bonuses for battle performance—Snowflakes. Depending on the ship's tier, you'll receive Coal, Steel, or Santa's Gift containers.
The mechanics of receiving the rewards for bonuses have been updated. You can now obtain a reward by gaining a victory or earning 300 base XP. Claim bonuses by playing your favorite battle type!
List of rewards
- Tiers V–VII: 400/500/750 Coal
- Tiers VIII–IX: 75 Steel
- Tier X: Santa's Gift container
Please note: you can get the battle performance bonus for each ship only once during Updates 0.9.12 and 0.10.0 in battles of any type, except Training Battles.
Update 0.9.12 features two temporary campaigns—"In Pursuit of Strasbourg" and "Ships and Fates."
In Pursuit of Strasbourg
The first New Year temporary campaign comprises 32 tasks in four missions. Each mission tells part of the story of the French Navy, using the example of VII Strasbourg and her famous sister ship—battleship VI Dunkerque.
Completing the missions will bring you unique New Year Commanders of Pan-Asian, Italian, and French ships. Completing the Campaign will reward you with VII Strasbourg, adorned in the Winter Holiday permanent camouflage.
If you already have VII Strasbourg in your Port, completing the Campaign will reward you with a Port slot; the Winter Holiday permanent camouflage; and 9,500 doubloons.
The first mission will become available with the release of Update 0.9.12, while those that follow will be unlocked each week.
Ships and Fates
Please note: to complete this Campaign, you'll need VII Strasbourg, which can be obtained as a reward for completing the "In Pursuit of Strasbourg" campaign, though if you’re short on time, you can also get her in the Armory in exchange for doubloons, or in the Premium Shop.
The second New Year temporary campaign comprises 36 tasks in six missions. Each mission tells the story of a specific ship: cruisers V Furutaka, V Hawkins, and V Kotovsky; destroyers V T-22 and V Visby; as well as battleship V New York.
Completing the missions will reward you with these ships, as well as unique New Year Commanders, Winter permanent camouflages, and Santa's Gift containers.
All six missions of the Ships and Fates campaign will become available with the release of Update 0.9.12.
Both campaigns will remain available until the release of Update 0.10.0. As with all campaigns, you can complete the tasks of each mission multiple times. This will allow you to earn Stars, but you'll receive the reward for completing each task for the first time only.
Update 0.9.12 sees a large-scale update of the Ranked Battles system and gives start to a test Season of the new Ranked Battles.
Key features of the new system
- Ranked Battles seasons are now going to be held on a regular basis with short breaks between each one. This will mean that you can choose between Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles, as the latter battle type will be more regularly available.
- Each season is divided into several sprints. The duration of a single sprint is approximately 1–3 weeks, and this may differ from season to season.
- During a single sprint, players can only progress through their current league and qualify for the next one.
- Demonstrate your skills in the qualification, during which you'll fight against players from the next league to determine whether you'll progress to the next league or stay in your current one.
- The leagues are more tailored to your preferences:
- You can progress through the Bronze League at a smooth and leisurely pace.
- The Silver League offers bigger rewards, but will require more effort.
- The Gold League is the best option for the most experienced players who want to collect the most impressive haul of rewards.
- Ranked Battles aren't available to play during the hours of least activity. This is necessary to ensure high-quality matchmaking.
Rewards in brief
- The rewards are refreshed and updated for each new sprint and can be collected again—fight in your preferred league over and over again, and you'll collect rewards every time.
- Rewards are granted for achieving victories, reaching Rank 1, and qualifying.
- Steel hasn't gone anywhere: achieve victories, reach Rank 1, and accrue it to spend on items you desire in the Armory.
- Doubloons are granted as a reward in each league—the higher the league, the more doubloons you can get.
- New themed camouflages and achievements in each of the leagues.
- Ranked Tokens are awarded each time you reach Rank 1 in the Gold League. In Update 0.9.11, the cost of permanent camouflages available in exchange for Ranked Tokens has changed, and the number of Tokens on player accounts has increased by a factor of four.
- CIS: 06:00 — 23:00 UTC
- NA: 16:00 — 09:00 UTC
- ASIA: 01:00 — 18:00 UTC
- EU: 08:00 — 01:00 UTC
- 7 vs. 7
- Tier VIII in the Bronze League
- Tiers IX–X in the Silver League
- Tier X in the Gold League
Six sprints, each lasting 1 week. Each next sprint starts immediately after the end of the previous one.
During the Season, you can participate in no more than six sprints in the Bronze League, or five in the Silver League, or four in the Gold League.
- Bronze League: up to 400 Steel; up to 200 doubloons; up to 1,000 Coal; up to 5x Bronze camouflages; and up to 5x "Type 3 — Ranked" camouflages.
- Silver League: up to 500 Steel; up to 300 doubloons; up to 3,000 Coal; up to 3x Bronze camouflages; up to 3x Silver camouflages; and up to 10x "Type 3 — Ranked" camouflages.
- Gold League: up to 600 Steel; up to 400 doubloons; up to 5,000 Coal; up to 3x Bronze camouflages; up to 3x Silver camouflages; up to 8x Gold camouflages; and one Ranked Token.
This Season is the test Season for the new Ranked Battles system. We'll keep an eye on how it goes and monitor your feedback. Following the test Season, additional changes may be made to the new Ranked Battles system in order to improve it. In future seasons, the format, rewards, combat missions associated with Ranked Battles, and other details may differ from the current ones.
You can learn more details about the updated Ranked Battles system and the first Ranked Season in a dedicated article.
As a New Year's gift, we've added four single-use coupons that grant 10%, 15%, 20%, and 25% discounts when obtaining ships in exchange for doubloons. The coupons will become available on December 25 and remain active until January 8.
The following ships will be available in the Armory in exchange for doubloons:Starts: Fri. 08 Jan. 06:00 CET (UTC+1)
- VIII Siliwangi — for 10,300doubloons.
- IX Z-44, IX Georgia, IX Pommern, IX Alaska, IX Ägir, IX Azuma, and IX Friesland — for 19,300 doubloons.
Starting from Update 0.10.1, the following ships will no longer be available to obtain: IX Georgia, IX Alaska, VIII Massachusetts, X Thunderer, and X Småland. Georgia, Alaska, and Massachusetts will also no longer be available to purchase in the Premium Shop.
The ships have been taken out of the game due to a combination of their popularity and combat efficiency. In order to maintain the proper level of diversity in teams in terms of the ships they are made up of, these ships will no longer be available to obtain for an indefinite period of time, but may return in future.
From Update 0.10.2, X Somers will cease to be available in the Armory for an indefinite period of time. She will be replaced by another American ship—X Austin.
We understand that accumulating resources for ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance, so that any interested players can still steer these ships into their Ports before Updates 0.10.1 and 0.10.2 go live in about 2 and 3 months' time.
In Update 0.9.12, we've made changes to the parameters of several ships based on our analysis of their combat efficiency and feedback from players. These changes were required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. Further changes may follow in future updates, should they be required.
- Sigma parameter increased from 1.6 to 1.7
- Armor penetration of shells increased by approximately 3.5%
- Armor penetration of shells increased by approximately 4%
- Armor penetration of shells increased by approximately 12.5%
- Main battery reload time reduced from 11.5 to 11 s
- Number of torpedo bombers in a squadron reduced from 6 to 5
- Size of an attacking flight of torpedo bombers decreased from 2 to 1
- Number of torpedo bombers on the deck reduced from 9 to 8
- Torpedo bomber restoration time increased from 59 to 71 s
- Torpedo damage increased from 5,400 to 5,800
- Torpedo damage reduced from 4,233 to 3,500
- Chances of causing flooding with torpedoes reduced from 33% to 30%
Manfred von Richthofen
- The area of the reticle ellipse of bombers has been increased
- Fixed an issue that resulted in excessive deceleration when Engine Boost was used. The value has been adjusted to match the standard one.
- Maximum bomb damage increased from 5,300 to 5,600
- Chances of bombs causing fire on a target increased from 30% to 32%
- Number of rockets carried by standard attack aircraft reduced from 12 to 10
- Number of rockets carried by researchable attack aircraft reduced from 14 to 12
- Maximum bomb damage increased from 6,000 to 6,400
- Chances of bombs causing fire on a target increased from 35% to 36%
As part of the game server component optimization, we’re reducing the maximum number of unopened containers on player accounts to 100. If you have more than 100 unopened containers at the time of the release of Update 0.9.12, the containers that you obtained earliest will be opened automatically.
We plan to cease support for Mac OS in January 2021. We made this decision due to the low popularity of this operating system among our audience. Supporting Mac OS restrains our ability to improve the visuals of the game and its overall performance. You can find more details in this Player Support article.