Single Game Client
As part of Update 0.9.9, we made the transition to using a single game client.
What are the benefits of the single game client?
- Players from each region are now able to play on the various regional World of Warships servers (CIS, EU, NA, ASIA) without the need for a separate game instance for each region. The regional game server is automatically determined by the region associated with each player’s Wargaming.net Game Center Account.
- By replacing four different clients with one, it will take less time to prepare and release future updates, and game content will be consistent across all regions.
How to select a game server
- Launch the Wargaming.net Game Center and click on the account icon in the upper-left corner.
- In the pop-up window that appears, sign in to your account or select the required account.
- The game server will be indicated next to your username.
You'll still need a separate game client for Public Tests, Super Tests, and other test servers. To switch from the live server to a test one, select the required client in the Game Instance window.
Game server selection
The game server is now automatically determined when you log in to your account. You can no longer manually select one of the main regional servers in the Game Instance menu.
Client and server update
Prior to the changes, the game client was updated and the new version was installed on the server simultaneously on the day the new game version was released.
Starting from Update 0.9.11, the client and server will be updated at different times:
- The game client will be updated simultaneously for all regions before a new game version is released. For example, the client will be updated to version 0.9.11 on December 1, 2020, from 07:00 to 08:00 CET (06:00 to 07:00 UTC), with the preliminary download of the new update starting earlier.
You'll be able to install the update in advance, and then continue playing the current version of World of Warships.
- The game server will be updated as before, according to the schedule published in the news about the next game update.
As soon as the server is updated and server maintenance is complete, you'll immediately be able to play the new version of World of Warships.
Deleting additional game instances:
If you play on the servers of two or more different regions, you can now delete the additional game instances that you previously used. After deleting the additional game instances, only the settings of the remaining game client will be saved.
How to delete additional game instances
- In the Game Instance menu, select a game instance you want to delete.
- Click Uninstall Game in the Game Settings menu.
If you want to keep your data, such as replays, screenshots, and mods, you need to move them from the folder of the client to be deleted to another folder. To view a game instance in its folder, select the Show in folder option in the Game Settings menu.
We recommend that you keep a game instance linked to your main account.