Commanders, welcome to the Public Test of Update 0.8.0!
Try out the updated gameplay for aircraft carriers; take a look at the in-game event “Back to the Skies!”; and find out about our preparations for Lunar New Year, the new Ranked Battles Season, and the new “Naval Battle” competition! Take a look through the Developer Bulletin, and welcome to the test!
End: Mon. 28 Jan. 16:30 CET (UTC+1)
- Plane HP and AA efficiency have been rebalanced. AA efficiency now progresses more smoothly through the tiers. When up-tiered, CVs had almost no chance to cause damage because of the huge jump in the efficiency of AA. Now the difference is still noticeable but not so big.
- Plane replenishment time increased for all tiers except tier X. This time was too low, and CVs could ignore their losses and just constantly keep using the same plane type. Now losing full squadrons has much more of an impact.
- Tier IV Torpedo bomber characteristics have been corrected:
- Fixed an issue and removed the "Fighters" consumable.
- Torpedo aiming time increased from 2s to 3s. It was too easy to hit torpedoes on tier IV, causing constant flooding. Now you are required to stay in the AA zones longer to hit your target.
- "Repair party" consumable transferred from dive bombers to torpedo bombers. It was anticipated that dive bombers would receive more damage than other planes types. But torpedo bombers have to fly straight for a long time, flying through AA explosions more often, taking more damage - therefore "Repair party" is better suited for them.
- Priority AA sector increases DPS of all zones instead of number of explosions. Even dodging all the explosions can't save you for long in the priority sector.
- Sectors are now differentiated by AA tracers' color. It makes it easier to understand the danger and to alter tactics accordingly.
- CVs' "Fighters" consumable is rebalanced: now it has 4 charges and 40s cooldown. Number of planes in a squadron has been reduced to 4. This still gives CVs decent AA defense, but now they aren't invulnerable to enemy planes.
- Number of planes called by "Catapult fighter" consumable lowered (4 instead of 6, 3 instead of 4). With AA rebalancing in mind, such a huge number of planes would be too powerful.
- Lowered the efficiency of perks and modernizations affecting planes (not the AA). Some of them had a huge impact and could make planes nearly invincible.
- Added a counter for damage dealt to planes. This can help you to understand AA efficiency even with a low count of downed planes.
- Torpedo bombers aim point became more visible on bright maps to increase clarity.
- Several ships' characteristics altered. Details can be found in the "Dev Blog".
- The sound of bombs dropping on isles is now louder.
- Fixed an issue that caused the patch of an enemy, who destroyed the player, not to be displayed, and there was no transfer to spectator mode after your ship was destroyed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game client crashes
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect display of Ryujo's squadrons' elevators.
Special features of the Update test
- Tier IX—X ships will be unavailable for research, but players will be able to obtain them in exchange for credits in the Arsenal.
How do I access the Public test?
If you participated in the previous Public Test, just update the client (~1.3 GB) and use your existing Public Test account.
If you want to join the Public Test for the first time, download the client (~22 GB) and register your account on the Public Test portal. You can also authorize your Steam or Windows Store account in order to create a Public Test account so that you can receive your rewards for testing the game.
For more information on rewards, check out this link! (Source): https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-080/