Dear Humans and Elves,
We are aiming to update our International worlds onWednedsay, 5 February. The update will contain the following changes:
- The Dragon Float (first obtainable during 2019's Carnival event) has been renamed to "Balloon of the Dragon" with an eye on this year's Elvarian Carnival celebrations.
- The star rating in the Trader has been updated: the ratio of what the Trader determines as is of equal value will be 1.5:1 between tiers from now on (previous: 4:1). As an example, a trade requesting 1500 Marble will need a demand of 1000 Crystal to be shown as a 2-star trade in the Trader. We are making this change because the 4:1 ratio we have had until now was not accurate if all factors involved (e.g. building size) were included in the calculations. Note: we are only changing the visualization of how "fair" the trade is as expressed in stars. We do not seek to restrict freely trading resources for another ratio if you like, just like you already can in the current system. The minimum and maximum ratios will remain very similar to how they are in the current system.
This would look like this in the Trader:
What we intend to achieve with this change is resolving one of the main issues with the Trader: removing the perceived fairness of cross-tier trades while they are not in fact fair. We believe the rating on cross-tier trades to be misleading, which is harmful to new and veteran players alike. By making this rating more accurate, we hope to achieve several goals, among which the most important is:
- Providing a more accurate estimation of how valuable certain Goods are.
- This will in turn help in all kinds of ways. For example:
- It'll be easier for all players to recognize if a trade is more or less fair.
- Some players calculate their own trade ratios based on varying factors. These changes would make that less necessary (but of course it would remain possible if you wish to do so).
- It'll help new players tremendously, as they will be able to learn the real value of their Goods much more easily.
- It'll help sort the less attractive trades to the bottom of the Trader window, making them less prominent in everyone's view.
As with every update, we've resolved a number of bugs, among which:
- Spire of Eternity - Blocked the possibility to visit another player's city while in the Spire of Eternity yourself, as it could lead to several issues. Similar restrictions already existed for battles in regular Provinces.
- Spire of Eternity - Resolved an issue that could lead to being able to offer resources that were already ruled out in the Diplomacy game.
- Fellowship Adventures - The banner for Fellowship Adventures will correctly show the icon for the final stage once your Fellowship has reached it.
- Battle - After fighting a battle in a regular Province, the button to go back to the Province could say "Back to Spire" instead.
- Buildings - Fixed a misaligned doorframe on the level 16 Elven Main Hall.
- Buildings - Culture values were sometimes shown incorrectly for the Wishing Well in its upgrade tab.
- Buildings - Resolved an issue with the checkbox to start production in multiple Workshops simultaneously.
- Buildings - the Magic Academy could lose its idle indicator (ZzZ) when a Teleport Building Enchantment was selected but not used, and cancelled.
- Text - Resolved a problem with some texts being too long in Ancient Wonder windows, causing it to be shown outside of its dedicated space.
Note: the app version of the update is released separately from the browser version.
- Spire of Eternity - Some arrows indicating your progress in the Spire were invisible and have been made visible.
- Spire of Eternity - The pop-up that allows you to select Goods will now always be hidden in case you have no turns left to use.
- Spire of Eternity - The start screen for the Spire of Eternity will no longer show while you are on the World Map, but only in the City.
- Fellowships - Opening your own Fellowship now correctly opens on the Members tab instead of the Overview tab again.
- Fellowships - The Fellowship banner wasn't always shown correctly after visiting another player's city who isn't in a Fellowship themselves.
- Buildings - Some buildings were not correctly shown and could be invisible in the app, which has been resolved now.
- Weather - Weather effects would sometimes not start even though they were enabled.
- Text - Some green-colored texts were reverted to their previous, intended colors again.
- Text - Added translations for several phrases that would always show in English regardless of language version.
If you are curious and want to experience these changes before they are released, please feel free to register an account on ourBeta server, where they get released several days in advance for technical testing.
We hope you like the changes we're bringing with this update. Please let us know your feedback to the changes by leaving a comment in thediscussion thread!
Your Elvenar Team